Turtle Club Baseball and Softball is hosting a Baseball Ontario Developing Umpire Camp at the Villanova High School Gym on Sunday, April 16, 2023, starting at 9am and ending around 1pm. The camp is a required part of a new certification process for Level 1 and 2 umpires.
A maximum of 40 participants, seeking either Level 1 or Level 2 certification, may attend the 9am April 16th camp. Pre-registration (see below) is required. The cost of the camp is $25 for Level 1 or $45 for Level 2, payable by CASH ONLY at the beginning of the event. Registered participants are to arrive 30 minutes before the start of the Camp, so 8:30am.
The Camp is strongly recommended for those seeking umpire opportunities in the club's travel program (LaSalle Titans or LaSalle Athletics), older divisions in the club's house league program, and/or in the club's select program, either this season or in future seasons.
The Camp is not required for those seeking umpire opportunities ONLY in younger divisions in the club's house league program (in-house training will be provided), but would still be of benefit to those individuals, and is suggested for them.
Registration is completed via Baseball Ontario's ONDeck app, either the mobile version (available through the App Store, Play Store, etc.) or though a computer web browser (https://ondeck.baseballontario.com/baseball-ontario-ondeck/register).
1. Click REGISTER if don't have an ONDeck account; if already have an account, enter Email Address and Password and Click Sign In.
2. If/when creating or updating an account/profile, select "Sun Parlour Baseball Association / LaSalle Titans Baseball" as the Local Association, AND
if you are a New Umpire (meaning you do NOT have any Level 1 training), select Umpire - Level 1.1 (First Year) as your role
if you are a Returning Umpire (meaning you have at least some Level 1 training), select the Umpire role that is one level higher than your 2022 certification)
3. If not already signed in, sign into your ONDeck account.
4. Click Complete Level (whatever umpire role was selected) Umpire - Getting Started.
5. Click Enroll.
6. Click In-Person Umpire Camp.
7. Click View Events.
8. Locate U23-44 LaSalle Level 1/2 Umpire Camp, and click Register and Register again.
VIRTUAL LEARNING COURSE REQUIREMENT:
The new Level 1 and 2 certification process also includes completion of a virtual Umpire Learning Course, available in the ONDECK app. The virtual learning modules may be completed before or after the Umpire Camp, however, it is being strongly recommended by Baseball Ontario that the modules be completed PRIOR to the Camp, and the modules must be completed within two weeks of the Camp.
VOLUNTEER SCREENING REQUIREMENT:
Participants 18 years of age and older must also complete Baseball Ontario volunteer screening, available in the app.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE CLINIC (other than cash payment):
- appropriate footwear and clothing for running
- mask/indicator but ONLY IF YOU HAVE YOUR OWN
- baseball glove (Baseball Ontario is asking for SOME umpires to bring gloves, to assist with activities)